Review: Coconut Oil

Who doesn’t want long, soft, healthy hair?

A few weeks ago, I was browsing through one of my favourite websites, Pinterest, when I came across coconut oil, after reading through the number of benefits, I decided to give it a try.

Essentially, coconut oil is used as a hair care oil and helps it to grow and reduces the protein loss for dry and damaged hair.  Regular massage on your head ensures a dandruff free scalp and stimulates hair growth.

Coconut oil is white and solid at room temperature, can be used in foods, enhancing your immune system (perfect after too many late nights) and research has found that it can aid weight loss if your trying to shed a few pounds.

It can also be used on your skin, acting as an effective moisturizer, particularly for dry skin.

I purchased ‘Fushi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil’ on Amazon, £8 for 250g which may seem a lot considering but it really is worth it in my opinion, particularly if your using it for different purposes.  It arrived only a few days after I ordered it and after doing my research was happy that I went for a product that was free from artificial chemicals and did not test on animals.

Before using the oil I did my research, many girls on the Internet said on this particular product a little bit really did go a long way and they were right.

1. I scooped a teaspoon amount into a microwaveable dish, put into the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Be careful not too use too much, remember a little bit goes a long way and too much will leave your hair greasy.When I took it out the microwave it dissolved into my hands.

2. Before applying to my dry hair I combed through ensuring that the product was distributed evenly.

3. After massaging it into my scalp and paying particular attention to the ends of my hair, I clipped it up and left for an hour. Leaving it for as long as possible meant that the oil would penetrate into the hair shaft.

4. I then washed it out, shampooing my hair twice to ensure all the oil had been washed out and condition as normal.

5. When blow drying my hair my hair did feel very smooth and manageable. It’s advised this deep condition is used twice a week to see the effects of healthy, long hair.

Give it a try at home!

Fushi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil is perfect to use on your skin, hair and in foods

SOURCE: Pinterest and Organic Facts website